Looking for a comprehensive, informative cyber security presentation?
Ann Marie van den Hurk is an experienced cyber security and crisis management expert and can provide a customized cyber security presentation to your audience. Her topics include crisis communications, cyber risk, cybersecurity, and online reputation management and regularly speaks to executives, professionals, business, and community groups from twenty to five hundred. Ann Marie shares her knowledge by teaching digital seminars through small business centers.
Ann Marie’s talks are relaxed and interactive. She mixes humor in her presentations to keep the energy flowing through tough topics. Participants appreciate her ability to break down confusing concepts into understandable. Her two goals for every talk or seminar are for participants to walk away with one actionable item they can do right away and learn one new thing that helps them move forward with more awareness and capability.
Here are just a few examples of cyber security presentations you can choose from or share your issues and Ann Marie will design a cyber security presentation specifically to address the issues or questions you may have:
- Cyber #Fail – How to Understand & Manage Small Business Cyber Security. There is so much noise around small business cybersecurity. So let’s cut through the noise and close the gaps in your small business’s cyber security with knowledge. The hardest part about small business cyber security is getting started. First, we’ll discuss common cyber threats to your business, then how to lessen the risk, and how to recover after an attack. Armed with knowledge, you can make harder on cybercriminals.
- When Social Media Hits the Fan: How to Plan for, Prevent, and Manage a Social Media Crisis. Your business or organization will face a crisis. That’s a fact. Here’s another: Thanks to social media, crises happen more often and accelerate out of control faster—much faster. You’ll learn how to successfully defend yourself using the same social tools others are using against you. You’ll see what works (and doesn’t). You’ll learn from folks who’ve been there and lived to talk about it: leaders who’ve been forced to execute their own crisis plans in the most brutally tough situations.
- Crisis Communications: Planning for the Unthinkable and Keeping Your Business Communicating and Open for Business. Bad things happen to good organizations. Therefore, effective crisis communication is crucial but often overlooked and an internal concern. In this conversation, we will talk about critical communications and why it is essential to recover quickly and with their reputation intact.
Need a Cyber Security Presentation?
Get Ann Marie's Speaker One Sheet
Past Speaking Topics
- Small Business Cyber Security During COVID-19
- Small Business Cyber Security Basics
- Small Business Marketing in a Pandemic
- Digital Peeping Toms – Understanding Online Privacy
- Cyber Safety: Keeping yourself and teens safe online through an understanding of the platforms, privacy concerns, and coping strategies.
- Digital Presence: In today’s connected world, businesses must have an online presence in order to be competitive.
- Changing Dynamics for Media: Social media has changed how news is gathered and reported which has implications for your business in the news cycle.
- Building a Great Online Reputation: Solid building blocks to creating and protecting your business’s reputation.
Past Speaking Engagements
- ISACA Winchester Chapter, London, UK – Crisis Communications During A Cyber Attack
- DHCFA, Wilmington, DE – Healthcare Provider Online Reputation Management
- Boston Making a Difference Referral Meeting, Boston, MA – Small Business Cyber
- Executives Association of Rhode Island, Warrick, RI – Small Business Work Force Cyber Security
- New England Micro Business Association, Newport, RI – Cybersecurity in COVID-19
- Rhode Island Small Business Administration Marketing Series, Newport, RI – Marketing in a Pandemic
- Greater Newport Chamber of Commerce Connections Group, Newport, RI – Cybersecurity Basics
- Southeastern SCORE chapter, Middletown, CT – Social Media Marketing Basics
- Edgecombe Community College, Tarboro, NC – E-Commerce for Small Business
- Edgecombe Community College, Tarboro, NC – Utilizing Mobile Apps for Business
- Edgecombe Community College, Rocky Mount, NC – Social Media Marketing Class
- Edgecombe Community College Small Business Center, Tarboro, NC – Website development for businesses
- Downtown Merchants Association, Tarboro, NC – How to get your business on Google Business
- Butte-Glenn Community College Small Business Center 18th annual Women in Business Conference, Chico, CA – Keynoted on getting your business digital and workshop on online reputation management
- International Conference of Crisis and Risk – Spoke about online crisis communications to emergency personnel
- Research Triangle High School, Durham, NC – Speaking to parents and students about keeping cyber-safe
- ConvergeSouth – Winston-Salem, NC – Ann Marie is talking about managing when social hits the fan
- Rocky Mount Business Builders – Rocky Mount, NC – She shared information about Net Neutrality and what it means for small businesses
- Rocky Mount Area Chamber of Commerce – Rocky Mount, NC – Ann Marie shared with businesses how to manage their online reputation
- Rocky Mount Business Builders – Rocky Mount, NC – During Wednesdays of February, she spoke to communications trends for small businesses
- Internet Summit 2013 – Raleigh, NC – She joined a panel on digital ad strategies
- Realtime Marketing Lab – New York City, NY – Ann Marie was featured as part of The Help Desk where you can pick her brain on crisis communications
- Downtown Rocky Mount Business Association – Rocky Mount, NC – Ann Marie spoke on how small businesses can build its online presence and connect with broader groups of potential customers
- National Federation of Presswomen National Conference – Salt Lake City, UT – Ann Marie joined Cynthia Price to speak about crisis communications. She spoke about when social becomes unsocial
- Women’s Professional Networking Group (Rocky Mount Chapter) – Rocky Mount, NC – Ann Marie spoke on the Paula Deen situation and how business owners can manage this type of crisis situation
- New Mexico Chapter of PRSA – Albuquerque, NM – Ann Marie spoke with peers about social media crisis communications and her new book
- Rocky Mount Business Builders – Rocky Mount, NC – Ann Marie talked about reputation management
- Women’s Professional Networking Group (Rocky Mount Chapter) – Rocky Mount, NC – She spoke about her book and how business owners can manage their online brand
- 2013 NCPRSA Conference – Charlotte, NC – Social Media Crisis Communications
- Social Media Plus 2011 – Philadelphia, PA – Social Media Crisis Communications