Experienced Presenter on All Things Cyber
Ann Marie van den Hurk regularly speaks to executives, professional, business, and community groups from twenty to five hundred. Her topics include crisis communications, cyber risk, cybersecurity, and online reputation management. Ann Marie shares her knowledge by teaching digital seminars through small business centers. When speaking to groups, Ann Marie customizes her presentation to the need of your group.
Ann Marie’s talks are relaxed and interactive. She mixes humor in her presentations to keep the energy flowing through tough topics. Participants appreciate her ability to break down confusing concepts into understandable. Her two goals for every talk or seminar is for participants to walk away from one actionable item they can do right away and have learned one new thing.
Ann Marie captured the attention of the group and several followed through on her suggestions during the meeting. As a group, we are trying to integrate Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare and a few other sites to spread awareness of our name. A very well presented topic and any questions were handled with ease.
Ann Marie spoke on Social Media Crisis Communications planning at the May luncheon for the New Mexico chapter of the Public Relations Society of America. She was a wonderful speaker, with a lot of insight into how a crisis can impact an organization over social media before people realize it. She had a lot of great examples and solid advice for those professionals who would have to deal with a crisis quickly in the social media world. If you have a chance, your organization should bring in Ann Marie to get you ready before a crisis happens. You’ll be glad you did.
Speaking Topics (1 hour)
- Crisis communications: Planning for the unthinkable and keeping your business communicating and open for business
- Cyber #Fail – How to Understand & Manage a Cyber Risk
- CYA for PHI: Managing Healthcare’s Cyber Risk
- When Social Media Hits the Fan: How to do plan for, prevent, and manage a social media crisis.
- Digital Peeping Toms – Understanding Online Privacy
- Cyber Safety: Keeping yourself and teens safe online through an understanding of the platforms, privacy concerns, and coping strategies.
- Digital Presence: In today’s connected world, businesses must have an online presence in order to be competitive.
- Changing Dynamics for Media: Social media has changed how news is gathered and reported which has implications for your business in the news cycle.
- Building a Great Online Reputation: Solid building blocks to creating and protecting your business’s reputation.